DXExtract is a general DX archive extractor that is generated by DXLibrary if developers choose to do so.
All DX archives follow the same format, except they may have a unique 12-byte encryption key. The purpose of this program is to allow users to maintain a keystore that the program will use to automatically try each key and attempt to decrypt the archive.
If a game is unsupported but you think it is a DX archive, users can try to figure out the key and update the keystore.
- Wolf RPG games – all games created using Wolf RPG Editor
- Gensokyo Shiki
- Rosenkreuzstilette Freudenstachel
- Labyrinth of Touhou
- Labyrinth of Touhou ~ Special Disc
- Labyrinth of Touhou 2
- Viocide ～Vore Side Action RPG～*
*These games are R18+
.NET Framework 2.0 or above
The program runs in two modes: window-mode and command-line mode.
To start the program in window-mode, double-click on it or launch the program in command-line without any arguments. The following operations are available:
- Open archive – drag and drop an archive over the program to try to load an archive
- Export archive – dump the contents of the archive out
- Save archive – saves a decrypted version of the archive
If you right-click a file in the navigator panel, you can choose to export just that file. If you right-click a folder, you can export the folder and all files within that folder.
You can unpack files directly using command-line by specifying the path to the archive as an argument:
This will unpack the contents in the same directory as the archive.
Note that because of this design, you can literally copy the executable onto your desktop and drop archives over it to unpack them.