Guest Followers

In RPG Maker, you have a party of actors.

You can add actors to the party, or remove actors from the party at anytime. However, by default, all of the actors in the party can be interacted with in the menu, and may participate in battle.

There may be situations where you just want an actor to “appear” as if they are part of the the party, but aren’t actually in the party. For example, let’s say an NPC asked you to accompany them through a cave, and you wanted the player to see that the NPC is following them, but you didn’t want them to actually use the NPC in battle.

With this plugin, you can add actors as “guests”, which would simply allow them to show up as non-party followers.

Plugin: download here (right-click, save as)

Download the plugin and place it in the “plugins” folder in your project’s “js” folder. Then open your Plugin Manager (F10), double-click an empty row, and select the HIME_GuestFollowers plugin.

Adding Guest Actors to Party

To add guest actors to the party, use the script call

PARTY.addGuestActor( ACTOR_ID );

Where the PARTY is a valid Game_Party reference, and ACTOR_ID is the ID of
the actor that you want to add as a guest.

For example, to add actor 4 as a guest to the current party, you can write

$gameParty.addGuestActor(4);

You can only add the same guest actor to your party once. If you attempt to
add the same guest actor multiple times, it will do nothing.

Removing Guest Actors from Party

To remove guest actors from a party, use the script call

PARTY.removeGuestActor( ACTOR_ID );

For example, to remove actor 4 as a guest from the current party, you can write

$gameParty.removeGuestActor(4);

Checking if Guest Actor is in Party

To check if a certain guest actor is in the party, use the script call

PARTY.hasGuestActor( ACTOR_ID );

For example, to check if actor 4 is a guest to the current party, in your
conditional branches you can write

$gameParty.hasGuestActor(4);

Which will return true if actor 4 is a guest in the party. Again, remember that because they are not in the party, a regular “Actor in Party” condition check will not find the guests.

Moving a Guest Follower using Move Routes

You can use a move route to control guest followers if necessary.

guestFollowers2

To move a guest, start by writing a plugin command

guest_move_route ID

Followed by a move route command.
The ID means the ID of the actor guest. So if you wanted to move the guest
whose actor ID was 4, you would just write

guest_move_route 4

Followed by a move route command.

1. Henry says:

Anyone help me to fix this error? I’ve tried to fixs everything i could but still not work, it said “ReferenceError PARTY is not defined” =[

2. Chibi says:

I keep getting the Type error: Cannot read property ‘contains’ of undefined.
    How do I fix This?

3. skunkray says:

Hello, im so brand new to rpg maker. thank you for the stuff you do. please help me though. ok, so my problem is that im so new and dont really understand your examples. PARTY.hasGuestActor( ACTOR_ID ); maybe for future videos could you please show how you do it in the video please. sorry for me being so dumb about this. thank you.

4. Kenshin says:

It works!
    Thank you Hime-sama!

5. Kenshin says:

Ok, NOW i get the real BUG, if I have this script ON in any project (I tryed in many project) and in an event I use the itinerary command (I don’t know if in english is itinerary, I have the program in italian maybe “move route”?) the game crash.
    In my game I have a little “movie” at the start, I hav e the game starting with my main character invisible, the strarting event is a bgm play, a change of atmosphere (night lights), a move my character for facing up and the change of trasparency, then with this plugin I was always crashing at the start, I try to put my main character in another map without events, and the game was working, I tryed to put the plugin in an empty project and it worked, I tryed to add an autostart event with 1 command at time of my project and found the error.
    It say “TypeError undefined is not a function”
    I hope you can fix this error beacause it is a very BIG issue…
    And I hope even that you can understand my bad english ^^;

What kind of functionality do you need from yanfly's party system?

• Kenshin says:

The chance to have 5 usable actors in 1 party fight.
        But the problem isn’t YPS like I said I tryed the plug-in even in an empty project (without other plug-ins) and when I use a move route I have various results:
        1) I want to move my main actor and I use the plugin command “guest_move_route 1”

it doesen’t move my character but don’t make any error.
        2) I want to move my main actor and I don’t use the plugin command “guest_move_route 1”

The game crash.
        3) I wan’t to move an event

The game crash.

And this in an empy project, without any other plugins.

So in the new project, without any plugins, if you disable guest followers, do those move routes work?
          Because I just tried it in a new project and do not have any issues.

I can move guests, player, and events properly.

6. Kenshin says: