Level Up Events

Ever wanted to have something happen when your actors level up?

• Maybe you wanted to fully recover their HP and MP, and any negative states removed
  • Maybe you wanted to give them some bonus items and equipment
  • Maybe you wanted to play a cut-scene

Or anything else that you can think of.

With this plugin, now you can accomplish anything you want when your actors level up! Every actor can have their own unique level up event, allowing you to tailor the events to each actors’ needs.

Plugin: download here (right-click and save as)

Recommended plugins: Common Event Queue (to handle multiple level up’s)

Download the plugin and place it in the “plugins” folder in your project’s “js” folder. Then open your Plugin Manager (F10), double-click an empty row, and select the LevelUpEvents plugin.

Note-tag actors with

<level up event: COMMON_EVENT_ID>

Where the COMMON_EVENT_ID is the number of your common event.

levelUpEvents2

For example you might say

<level up event: 2>

To run the second common event in your database when the actor levels up.

Each actor can have their own level up events.

1. Yasuo broa says:

Hey guyz! Can I use this plug-in for commercial use?

2. Anonymous says:

this isn’t letting me download….help?

3. Chris says:

Hi,

thanks for providing this great plugin. Unfortunately this does not work for my purposes 🙁 I’m using the capture enemy script from DreamX which seems to “duplicate” an actor (ID 3000+) depending on the captured enemy. The problem now is that I can’t store the level of the actor in a variable since I can’t figure out the actor id (which isn’t stored in the database at that point) Please let me know if you plan to enhance the plugin with a notetag 😉

4. curxe says:

Hi Hime, I want to ask if this plugin can be used only for the Party Leader?

It can be used for any actor

• curxe says:

No, that not it. I want to know if I can specify it only for party leader only. Btw, sorry for my language if it rude, I’m not native english speaker/writer.

You can check whether the actor is the party leader.
          For example, in a conditional branch, if you want to check if actor 5 is the leader, you can use the script condition:

$gameParty.leader() === $gameActors.actor(5)

5. Anonymous says:

So I’m able to set level specific events? Like a message for level 3, 5, 11, etc? The event doesn’t have to play every level? Do I do that by setting a variable in the common event that checks the player’s level and runs if it equals?

Yes. You can set a variable to a certain actor’s level using the “Control Variables” command via the “Game Data” option.

• Instincts says:

I do not know how to make evolutions by specific level, what are the steps ??

Level up events are run for every level up, but it may not occur immediately.
          For example, you might level up during battle, but the common event doesn’t occur until after returning to the map.

This causes problems if you’re checking what the actor’s current level is.
          It is recommended to use a variable to keep track of actor levels and use the common event to keep track of it.

6. Highlord90 says:

I tried to do an event for my Pokemon fan game where, when Weedle hit level 7, he would turn into Kakuna. The common event however, did not play when level 7 was reached. I had the variable set and the common event. Do I need to set a trigger?

7. Anonymous says:

Why does this trigger when I add a character to a party?

8. Jeff says:

Great plugin, though unfortunately triggers in battle tests for each level the character is set above their minimum level. (Normally wouldn’t mean much but I have the characters say something for when they level up.)