State Rate Popups

This script is an add-on for Yanfly’s Damage Popup script, either the standalone version or built into Ace Battle Engine. It displays popups when you use a skill that inflicts a state, informing you whether the enemy is resistant or immune to a state.

Note that only states inflicted using “effect: add state” are displayed, and not “atk state” features.

stateRatePopups1

Script: download here
Required: Ace Battle Engine or Yanfly damage popup

Place this script below the required scripts and above Main.

Plug and play.

1. azurezero says:

It works in game :3 cheers

2. azurezero says:

I couldn’t get this to work…unless it doesnt work properly in the troop battle test… I’m using the built in ace one

3. TiagoMS says:

Hime, please create a "Damage PopUp" that does not rely on YanFly Ace Battle Engine .. Please.

4. daphnesbook says:

This is great! Absolutely wished that Yanfly had written this originally. Nice. Thanks Tsukihime!

I wanted to ask here… I am having trouble with the State Resist popup. I figured out that if I add a feature with State Rate (Poison) * 0% to an actor, I'll receive Immune status popups when I try to apply that state through an inflicting skill. That works fine.

Adding a State Resist feature, though, doesn't do anything. There is NO popup. I can't get a resist popup at all. I am using only the Core Engine and Ace Battle Engine. Help? What am I missing? (And yes, I am using the effect: add state feature in the inflicting skill box.)

Has anyone come across this problem?

What's the difference between state rate and state resist?

• daphnesbook says:

It's a small but crucial difference. The State Resist feature completely negates the inflicted state from being addable, i.e. knockouts are prevented even at 0 HP, meanwhile if using the normally reliable State Rate (Death) * 0%, your characters will kick the bucket and game over.

Other than that problem, without a State Resist popup, it looks like your whole party is suddenly no-selling. (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/NoSell)

5. RogueDeus says:

Definitely helps make status’ easier to notice. Thanks for this.

6. Nirwanda says:

Thatnks alot!I’ve been waiting for ages for something like this. Now, the only missing popups are for cover and counter. Just a thought. 😛